OXCART COMING, April 1, 2020
April 1, 2020 the Mackinac County Road Commission will be changing the way we process our transportation permits (Single Move, Annual Transportation, Super Move, Mobile Home Move, and Seasonal Move permit applications.)
We will be using an online-based permitting system via the web at http://www.oxcartpermits.com.
Any entity wanting to apply for an overweight / oversize permit for Mackinac County roads is encouraged to use the Oxcart permitting software.
Registration is easy and can be completed on the Oxcart website under the Trucking login/sign-up link https://www.oxcartpermits.com/user/trucking.
Once registered, companies will be able to reap the benefits of the following via Oxcart:
- Access a simple to use online interface for requesting local permits.
- Paperless permits downloadable to your computer or any mobile device.
- Eliminate tedious paper processes, emailing, faxing, and scanning.
- Speed the process of permit approvals.
- Feature an online, interactive mapping solution to assist in route selection.
- Online permit approvals pushed to your email inbox.
- Provide an easy, online payment system (Credit card only)
In addition to the Mackinac County Road Commission permitting fee, Oxcart will require a nominal processing fee for each transportation permit. Oxcart will also assess a credit card fee for each permit processed.