Mackinac County Veterans Affairs
This office assists veterans and their dependents with the filing of claims for compensation, pension, educational benefits, reopening of claims and appeals, insurance, burials (both federal and state), grave markers, home loan applications, referrals on business and farm loans, unemployment benefits, jobs, civil service, hospitalization, notarization of documents, certificates in lieu of lost discharges, and many other personal problems which may arise and embrace the jurisdiction of the various governmental agencies, local, state and federal.
Michael Redmond Mackinac County VSO holds St. Ignace office hours Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:00pm Closed for lunch 12-1. Appointments only. Walk-ins by availability.
Cedarville and Engadine meetings available by scheduled appointment only.
Rick Litzner holds office hours on Wednesdays from 9:00am-12:00pm and 1:00pm-3:00pm.
Office Phone: (906) 643-9411
Fax: (906) 643-9085.
Email: [email protected]
Office Address: 100 Marley Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781
The Mackinac County Veterans Affairs office is in the Mackinac County Courthouse Annex Building Room 105.
Mackinac County Veterans Trust Fund Board
- Louis Oberle – (906) 477-6229
- Doug Loeprich – (269) 419-0672
Mackinac County Veterans Affairs Committee
- Richard Pershinske, Chair – (906) 430-5476
- Terry Hamilton, Sec. – 906-477-6067
- Marvin Garmin, – (906) 906-477-6370
- Joe Thibault – (906) 920-450-3875
- Marty Matchinski, – (906) 630-2656
- Craig Lehrke, Bd of Commissioner Liaison (517) – 416-2888
The public is invited to attend the Mackinac County Veterans Affairs Committee meeting to be conducted at 11:00AM on Monday, July 11, 2022.
Committee will meet at the County Annex Building, Commissioners Board Room, 100 S. Marley Street, St. Ignace, Michigan 49781.
- VA Benefits & Health Care Links
- Form Links
- Employment Assistance Links
- Business Assistance Links
- Health Benefits
- Other Useful Sites