Register of Deeds
Effective immediately the Mackinac County Register of Deeds is closed to the public through April 6, 2020. Also, due to the precautions that must be taken to prevent the spread of the coronavirus we are not able to process passport applications. Researchers are allowed by appointment only. We thank you for your patience during this difficult time as we all work together to remain healthy and safe.
The Register of Deeds Office records official documents, affecting property ownership such as warranty and quit claim deeds, plats, mortgages, security agreements (financing statements) and land contracts, Circuit Court Orders, Probate Court orders involving property, and many other official documents. Sheriff deeds are recorded and redeemable through this office. Also, the Real Estate Transfer Tax is administrated by the Register of Deeds.
Deborah M. Holle, Register of Deeds
Mary Jo Savard, Chief Deputy
Michelle Peters, Deputy
100 S. Marley
St. Ignace, MI 49781
Phone: (906) 643-7306
Fax: (906) 643-1178
The Mackinac County Register of Deeds office is located on the 1st floor of the Mackinac County Courthouse.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Recording Requirements
- Statutory Fees
- Copy & Search Fees
- County Exemptions
- State Exemptions
- Transfer Tax Plus Schedule
- Prevent Foreclosure
- Special Notes
- Plats – State of Michigan
- Real Estate Transfer Tax Valuation Affidavit Form – State of Michigan
- Property Transfer Affidavit Form – State of Michigan
- Affidavit of Affixture of Manufactured Home Form – State of Michigan
- Consumers Guide to the Michigan Construction Lien Act – State of Michigan
- Genealogy Research & the Archives of Michigan
- Office of Land Survey and Remonumentation
- State Real Estate Transfer Tax Frequently Asked Questions
Please Note: Our county only contains records of the parcels located in our county as such if you are outside Mackinac County you must contact the county in which you live. Below is a list of our surrounding counties with official websites.